Black Sesame Booster Cookies
Who doesn’t love a snack with sesame's health benefits, combined with those of Activated Phenolics? These sesame cookies go exceptionally well with coffee or tea!
Prep time: 20 minutes. Bake time: 20 minutes. Yield: about 3 dozen.
- 40 grams roasted black sesame seeds (1/4 cup)
- 115 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 stick; ½ cup)
- 85 grams caster sugar (1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons)
- 1 egg yolk
- 40 grams almond meal (1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons)
- 155 grams plain flour (1¼ cups)
- Pinch of salt
- 20 grams of Activated Phenolics powder
- Preheat the over to 180°C.
- On a baking tray, arrange the sesame seeds. Toast in the oven, for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix until light and fluffy, then add the egg yolk. Beat again until it is fully incorporated.
- Add the sesame seeds, almond meal, and Activated Phenolics powder. Stir in. Sift in the flour and salt and mix until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into two. Using plastic wrap, shape each piece of dough into a 6 cm wide log. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Ensure the oven is heated to 180°C.
- Slice the cookie dough in slices about ¼ inch thick. Place the slices on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 13 to 15 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet and store them in the air-tight container for up to 5 days.