Chocolate Sesame Cashew Guilty Pleasure Brownies
Nothing's better than a sinfully good, melt-in-your mouth chocolate brownie recipe. These are infused with cashews, Activated Phenolics, and sesame seeds and oil. Like Activated Phenolics, sesame seeds and oil are known for their antioxidant properties, and studies have shown that sesame oil may hold promise in decreasing cholesterol and inflammation.(1)
Prep and cooking time: 40-50 minutes.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 20 grams Activated Phenolics
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 65 grams all-purpose flour
- 90 grams unsweetened or Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 15 grams sesame seeds
- 50 grams cashews
- Preheat oven to 165 Celcius. Line an 20 cm square baking tin with parchment paper or grease and then flour it.
- Put the butter, sesame oil, Activated Phenolics and sugar together in a heatproof mixing bow. Put in the microwave on medium heat for two minutes.
- Remove from microwave, stir, and put back in microwave on medium heat for another two minutes, or until butter is melted. Do not let sugar melt. Stir well.
- Let the butter mixture cool.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla for about 30 second in a separate bowl, until slightly frothy.
- Add 1/2 the egg mixture to the sugar mixture and fold in with a spoon or spatula. Add the other half and fold in.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder to the sugar mixture. Gently fold in.
- Pour into the prepared baking tin. Top with sesame seeds and cashew pieces.
- Bake until a knife or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (about 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven).
- Remove from oven and let cool, then remove from pan.