Nasi Lemak Ultimate
The beloved recipe taken to a new level by adding Activated Phenolics! Lemongrass, coconut milk, and pandanus leaves make this Southeast Asian classic fragrant and enticing.
Prep and cook time: 30 minutes. Serves 2.
- 1/4 tsp rice
- 2 pandan leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp Activated Phenolics
- 1 cup raw peanuts with skins
- 1/2 cup dried anchovies
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 hardboiled eggs, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sambal (see our Activated Phenolics sambal recipe)
- Sliced cucumber
- Banana leaf to serve on, if desired
- Mix the coconut milk, Activated Phenolics and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Put the rice into a pot and add the coconut milk mixture and salt. Knot the pandanus leaves and put into the rice mixture.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat to minimum. Cover the pot with the lid. Allow rice to cook for 15 to 20 minutes until it dries up and holes appear on the surface.
- Turn off the heat under the rice. Leave the lid on until you serve the rice.
- Heat the oil and then fry the peanuts. When done, remove and fry the anchovies until golden and crispy.
- Remove the pandan leaves from the rice before plating.
- To add another aroma, serve the dish on a banana leaf, arranging the hardboiled egg, peanuts, anchovies, cucumber, and sambal around the rice.