Old-Fashioned Activated Phenolics Banana Bread
An tasty use of over-ripe bananas, quick and easy to make. A great first baking recipe with children!
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes. Baking time: 45-55 minutes.
- 3 large, very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter
- Another small amount of butter for the pan.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 Activated Phenolics
- 1/4 cup gula melaka or other palm sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar for coating loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Butter the bottom and sides of a loaf pan or 20 cm round pan with a small amount of butter. Use the 2 tbsp of granulated sugar to coat the bottom and sides of the pan, shaking out the excess. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, Activated Phenolics, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, melt your butter on the stove or in the microwave. Add the bananas and mash until close to smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the mashed banana mixture. Ensure everything is well combined, and that you cannot see any egg streaks.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined. Don’t overmix--that's why it's important to add dry ingredients to wet ones, and not the other way around.
- Pour your batter into your prepared pan, add nuts to the top if you like, and bake.
- After 45-55 minutes, test the center of the loaf with a toothpick or knife. When done baking, there will be no batter left on the blade or toothpick.
- To store, wrap tightly in plastic.