Pineapple Tamarind Chicken
A bright, crispy-skinned chicken dish that combines both fruit and Ayervedic flavors, with an apple Activated Phenolics lift.
Preparation and cooking time: 90 minutes. Services 4.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 100 ml chicken broth or white wine
- 150 ml pineapple juice
- 3 tsp Activated Phenolics powder
- 3 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel powder
1. Put the cooking oil in a pan and bring to medium heat.
2. Salt and pepper the chicken on both sides.
3. Place the chicken into the pan skin side down and cook until skin is crispy, approximately 25 minutes. Turn over and cook until done, approximately another 25 minutes. The chicken needs to reach the internal temperature of 75 degrees Celsius.
4. Remove chicken from the skillet. Pour out the rendered fat, ensuring that you wipe the edge of the pan afterward.
5. Pour the chicken stock or wine into the pan and deglaze the crispy bits at the bottom of the pan.
6. Let the mixture reduce about 10 minutes, then add the pineapple juice, Activated Phenolics powder, tamarind paste, tumeric, ginger powder, coriander powder, and fennel powder.
7. Stir well and let reduce about 15 minutes, or until sauce has reached the desired consistency.
8. Pour over or around the chicken and serve.