Tangy Lemon Squares
A great lemon sweet recipe that Activated Phenolics take to a new height! Limes work equally well with this dessert recipe.
For the Crust
- ½ cup margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons Activated Phenolics
- 1 cup flour
- pinch salt
For the Filling
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the crust ingredients like pie dough.
- Pat into a 20 cm square pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine the filling ingredients and pour over the baked crust.
- Bake another 20-25 minutes at the same temperature, until the filling is set.
- Dust the top with icing sugar. Let cool, then cut into squares.